Be prepared to discuss the following at your performance review:
- HR guidelines about appropriate skirt length, heel height, perfume at the office, and laughing too much.
- At our recent work retreat, you failed the trust exercise. You did, however, excel at the ropes course. Note: you do not need to reimburse me for sharing my suite.
- Remember that your position under me depends on meeting hard, measurable goals.
- Put this on a sticky note: nine inches.
- PowerPoint presentation attached.
I could list a billion reasons why I don’t need an assistant to help me communicate effectively. After all, I didn’t become this wealthy and powerful by saying “please.” But there is one reason that I need you:
I’m falling for you.
PS. We also need to revisit the rules for Casual Friday.